Fleassy Malay is an Internationally renowned, evocative and powerful spoken word artist, speaker and coach from the UK. A global advocate for Women’s rights and a fierce voice for the power of authenticity and connection as a social change tool.
Now based in Melbourne, Australia, she runs Melbourne’s acclaimed Women’s Spoken Word event, Mother Tongue. A passionate, powerful, vulnerable and honest performer who’s words and courses leave a profound impression.
As a self-identified queer, erotic, spiritual, mother she has a theatrical and yet deeply authentic performance and speaking style, renowned for captivating her audiences with depth, honesty, and humour.
I met Fleassy at a women’s networking event a few years ago and since then I’ve been connecting with her at different events and have seen first hand her ability to capture the minds/hearts and spirits of audiences.
I knew I had to get her on the show to share her story and her top ways to break down the fear to be seen and heard as our true and authentic selves.
What you’ll learn:
- The difference between speaking in an embodied way vs. an un-embodied way
- What can happen when we speak from an un-embodied and inauthentic way
- Why it can be so scary to be seen on stage and on camera
- How being our authentic selves is a journey of self awareness, love and self acceptance.
- How we block the connection we so desperately seek
- How important it is to identify the ‘story’ that’s keeping us from connecting with our true self and with others
- The importance of setting boundaries and saying ‘I don’t know’ in a truly self honouring and empowering way
- Learn Fleassy’s top tips on how to create a deeper connection to self even if you’re really busy
To connect with Fleassy, go to:
Other Business websites: