This interview is such an enriching and soul nourishing one. I interview Gena Kenny, the owner of Ohana yoga studio in Port Melbourne, she is a magical lady, who beams love and light and truly walks her talk. She’s full of compassion and kindness as I’m sure you will feel from this episode.
And if you don’t know Gena, then here is a bit about her……..
Gena Kenny has taught yoga for more than a decade; she has also authored the top selling ‘Gift of Yoga” book and dvd. Gena discovered yoga through an injury in her previous career as a firefighter. Yoga helped her to not only overcome her physical injury but also helped her to gain skills to make life changes and move forward on her true path.
Gena believes that life is our true place of practice, what you learn about yourself in the yoga room plays out in your everyday life; When we learn how to focus our movements, when we discover the more subtle sensations of the physical body, we also open up the doorway to the more subtle sensations of the mind and emotional body.
What you’ll learn:
- How Gena transitioned from firefighter to yoga teacher and the growth she undertook on this journey
- How she went from chronic pain to pain free after an injury forced her career change
- How we need to change our state in order to make the changed that we desire
- Learn what the difference is between yin and restorative yoga and why it’s an important practice to undertake
- How restorative yoga is an incredible practice to support the body back to a sense of wholeness and hear stories of how students have benefited from this practice
- What embodiment is and hear Gena’s top tips on how to begin your journey to embodiment
- Hear how the island of Hawaii has been such a place of healing, and has assisted her journey to wholeness
To connect with Gena, go to: