In this episode I speak with Phoebe Dubar, a professional vocalist and viola player who writes, records and performs with her original, three piece “Galactic Soul Breaks” band Passerine who have released three EPs and toured extensively through Australia; and her 5 piece funk/soul/jazz/disco band, “Phoebe and the Night Creatures”, who have done over 500 shows in the past 5 years. She’s a devoted yogi, traveller, cook and photographer, wife to the best damn husband a woman could hope for, mum to fur-babies Broose the Russian Blue and Meredith the German Shepherd (who have almost 8000 followers on Insta and are way more popular than their mum), and now a mum to a small human, beautiful Stella.
Phoebe has undergone some huge life changes over the last few years after being struck down with an auto-immune disease which affected her nerves and ability to walk for a number of weeks. Thankfully Phoebe recovered and as a result has rebuilt her life with a focus on self care and boundaries. Essentially she’s made the switch from living a busy life of striving to slowing down and putting her body and health first.
I hope that you enjoy the episode as much as I enjoyed the interview!
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How listening to your body can make the world of difference to your life
- The importance of self care
- How Phoebe believes that chronic stress was the main contributing factor to her illness
- How to respect your body and listen to the signals it’s giving you
- How a regular vedic meditation practice has changed the way Phoebe approaches and reacts to life
- Tips on how to slow down in life and practices that Phoebe now implements on a daily basis
To connect with Phoebe, go to: